The Research Associate provides organizational and research support to CHIR senior faculty in duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provides research and writing support for policy briefs, reports, presentations and other products in collaboration with lead authors.
- Supports CHIR’s communications efforts by operating and maintaining our blog and web site, monitoring and providing research on media trends, and helping us to expand our use of social media
- Coordinates and manage CHIR’s electronic mailing lists and e-mail communications – for example, newsletters, alerts, and/or notices.)
- Serves as CHIR’s administrative lead by scheduling and providing logistical support for meetings, scheduling calls and appointments, maintaining filing systems, and other administrative support as needed.
- Assists with the design and layout of PowerPoint presentations and other communication products in collaboration with lead authors and communications staff.
- Provides research and administrative support to CHIR senior faculty as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 1 year of work experience in an office setting - preference for experience, and demonstrated interest in, health policy and health reform
- Project coordination and administrative experience – to include managing competing priorities
- Excellent organizational, research, interpersonal, and communications – both verbal and written – skills – to include the ability to write clearly, concisely and under deadline
- Highly computer literate and technologically/web savvy – preference for experience with HTML, and web and email content management programs such as WordPress and/or MailChimp
- Ability to work well in a dynamic team environment for a mission-oriented organization
- Flexibility, initiative, attention to detail, and a willingness to tackle new projects as they arise
The position is located in Washington, D.C. Salary is commensurate with experience. Georgetown University benefits apply. Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter through the Georgetown University online system. Questions? Contact Rachel Schwab at email@example.com, or 202-687-4933.