CHIR COVID-19 Resource Center
In response to the national public health emergency caused by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Center on Health Insurance Reforms has published a number of resources to help state and federal policymakers, advocates, journalists, and consumers stay up to date on the latest in private health insurance coverage.
State Action Tracker
- State Action Related to COVID-19 Coverage of Critical Services by Private Insurers (Interactive Map)
CHIR Navigator Resource Guide
- My hours at work were cut back due to the COVID-19 pandemic, resulting in a temporary loss of income. Can I qualify for premium tax credits?
- I lost my job due to the COVID-19 pandemic and am now uninsured. What are my options for health insurance?
- I am uninsured and worried about the COVID-19 pandemic. Can I enroll in insurance now, or do I have to wait for the next Open Enrollment Period?
- Updated: The Provider Relief Fund: How Well Does it Protect Patients from Surprise Medical Bills for COVID-19 Related Services? May 15, 2020, Jack Hoadley
- The Provider Relief Fund: How Well Does it Protect Patients from Surprise Medical Bills for COVID-19 Related Services?April 30, 2020, Jack Hoadley
- Health Insurers Respond to the COVID-19 Outbreak, Prioritizing Support for Providers and Consumers, April 20, 2020, Emily Curran
- COVID-19 Response: States That Run Their Own ACA Marketplace Are Better Positioned to Help Consumers Get Covered, April 13, 2020, Rachel Schwab
- Expanded Coverage for COVID-19 Testing is an Important Step, But Loopholes Expose All of Us to Greater Risk, April 6, 2020, Sabrina Corlette
- Navigating Coverage During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Frequently Asked Questions, March 27, 2020, Olivia Hoppe
- On its 10th Anniversary, during a Public Health Crisis, the Affordable Care Act is More Important Than Ever, March 23, 2020, CHIR Faculty
- Coronavirus Exposes Big Gaps in the U.S. System Of Coverage: What Can States Do to Help? March 6, 2020, CHIR Faculty
- I’ve Been Calling For Greater Private Insurance Coverage Of COVID-19 Testing. I’ve Been Wrong. May18, 2020, Sabrina Corlette, Health Affairs
- In the Age of COVID-19, Short-Term Plans Fall Short for Consumers, May 12, 2020, Emily Curran, Kevin Lucia, JoAnn Volk, Dania Palanker, Commonwealth Fund
- States Can Prevent Surprise Bills for Patients Seeking Coronavirus Care, April 29, 2020, Jack Hoadley, Maanasa Kona, Kevin Lucia, Commonwealth Fund
- State Policy Options to Encourage Greater Use of Telehealth in State-Regulated Health Plans, April 14, 2020, JoAnn Volk and Sabrina Corlette, State Health & Value Strategies
- Keeping Surprise Billing Out Of Coronavirus Treatment, April 2, 2020, Jack Hoadley, Kevin Lucia, Katie Keith, Health Affairs
- What Are State Officials Doing to Make Private Health Insurance Work Better for Consumers During the Coronavirus Public Health Crisis? March 20, 2020, Sabrina Corlette, Kevin Lucia, Madeline O’Brien, Commonwealth Fund
Keep up with us on Twitter:
Sign up for our weekly newsletter: